Friday, February 25, 2011

A break from the PACT pace...

I am taking a needed break from working on PACT and think about anything other than child development theorists have to say. And for those of you who are unfamiliar with California Teaching Credential requirements, I will enlighten you :) I am currently in my last semester of student teaching and I am also working on my final "portfolio" which is also called the Performance Assessment for California Teachers. In this compilation of papers are reflections on the demographic of the school I am working in, the students in my particular classroom and their strengths and struggles. In addition to that, I am currently writing up the theoretical support for why I am going to teach the way I am teaching in the lesson plans (that I finished writing this week). I will then need to reflect, after every day of teaching, on what went well, what did not and what I may need to change for the next day to successfully teach my students a concept in Language Arts. After all of this (about 40-50 pages) I will need to do a final reflection of how everything went and how this whole process will impact my future teaching.... did you get all of that?
.
So this is why I am still in my P.J.'s sitting at my computer since 9:30 am (it is now 2 pm) on a rare day off, working on PACT and making it as perfect as I can. Because if I don't make it perfect, I could end up not having a teaching credential after all is said and done and that would not have been worth it. So I guess I will have to suck it up and just plug along and do what I have to do in order to teach the kids that I love so much!
.
One more thought, I don't know how I could have done what I have done so far without the support of my amazing husband, Matt. He has kept our house running (inside and out) when I have been glued to the computer for hours on Saturday and Sunday. So a public "Thank You" to you sweety. (Even though I know you hate those kinds of things;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a much deserved break. Oh, what would the world be like without so many hoops to jump through...?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete