.
I worked my bum off this year as an un-paid intern at an awesome school in the Campbell Union School District and had several people who had my back and the principal's ear who helped get him in the classroom to see me at work and then helped him realize that he wanted me around next school year:) He pulled to get me interviewed and hired by the district. The last week of school before summer vacation, I got a call for an interview with the Assistant Superintendent and head of HR. The Tuesday after school had ended, I had my interview and it went very well:) I was going to be leaving for Portugal the Friday after the interview and hoped (and asked) if I would hear anything before then. She was hopeful (and so was I). Thursday afternoon I was in my parents car on the way to my younger brother's high school graduation when my phone rang…. It was an unknown number but I had a feeling that it was the Campbell District Offices. I had everyone in the car quiet down before answering the call. It was the Assistant Superintendent extending me a job offer!!! Trying to keep my voice at a level tone and my head on straight when I am waving my arms around and silently screaming is very difficult but (I think) I managed. I left for Portugal on Friday morning (post to come) and returned this past Monday night. Tuesday morning I went to the offices to sign my contract and by 10:45 AM yesterday I was a contracted employee with a classroom teaching position for the 2011-2012 school year!
.
Since I was just too excited about it and couldn't go straight home, I went by the school to let in all soak in and who would you guess was there? None other than the principal and new vice-principal. The principal offered to show me my new classroom (which of course I accepted) and before I knew it, I was standing in the (completely) empty room that would be mine for the next year. He is pulling to get me on the 4th grade team but as a new hire, I am at the mercy of the district until things settle down over the summer. For now, I get to revel in the fact that I have a job, earlier than most new teachers, and begin making lists and plans for my classroom next year!
Congratulations Danielle!! SO awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Danielle!! That is fantastic! So proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I am so so so excited and happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is so awesome! Peter was the one who told me. I hope some of those books will come in handy!
ReplyDelete