Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oregon Weekend Trip

This past weekend we headed up to Oregon to visit Matt's sister, Becky, and her family. We had not gotten to meet our new nephew yet either so it was the perfect excuse!

We spent a lot of time holding, feeding and cuddling with Drew (and Seth and Molly. A few times, Drew would just fall asleep on our chests and we would both nap:)

It was great to see Becky and Ryan and get to spend some down time with them and the kiddos. They are all getting so OLD! Megan is 14! When did that happen? Last I remember, I was going to her baptism when she was 8. How time flies... I just hope that we can see these guys more often with them being closer.

We also got to explore the historic city of Jacksonville! Such a fun gold rush town! With Becky as guide, a few plaques around the downtown area and a points of interest map by the old railway depot, we were able to find a few interesting places like the slews box (the typical gold mining method during the gold rush) and the old bank!

On the way home, we caught a glimpse of Mt. Shasta and Matt and I stopped in Redding to stretch our legs and see the Sundial Bridge. It was a leisurely walk across and back with the relaxing sound of the Sacramento River in the background. We figured it would make a great pit stop for each trip to Oregon.









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We had so much fun with you guys. And I'm glad that Mt. Shasta wasn't covered in clouds on your way home! Can't wait til the next gathering.

    ReplyDelete