On Thursday, we floated down the Truckee River and had a themed dinner where we all came dressed as famous couples (from history or film). There was Napoleon Dynamite and Deb; Clark Kent and Lois Lane; Mary and Joseph; Frodo and Gandalf; the World War II kissing couple; a pair of clowns; Marty McFly and Jennifer Parker; and lastly, a pair from The Goonies!
We spent Friday at Sand Harbor and soaked up the sun. In my case, I soaked up a bit too much and have lobster legs to prove it :/ We staked out a spot shortly after the beach opened at 8:00 AM. We were the second group on that stretch of beach for about 15 minutes. Soon the beach was crammed with people! So much more crowded than the Walton family remembers it being in the past but luckily, we had a spot partially surrounded by boulders to shield us from the crowded part of the beach.
We kayaked around the rocks, floated in inner tubes, lounged on the beach, built sand castles, and jumped off of the rocks in the harbor (large and small). It was a fun day out in the sun and we didn't want to leave!
Jon and Laurie shared their pictures from their cross country trip this summer and we snacked on Dan's speciality: chocolate covered pretzel rods... Yummy.
Saturday was our last full day together and after sleeping in late and playing a few invigorating rounds of Sardines (adults included), we headed to Tahoe City and the pier for crawdad fishing.
After a little swimming at the Sun Club, we had a Family Variety Show! It was so much fun seeing everyone's talents and skills and learning a bit more about each other as well!
Sunday morning came much too quickly but by 11:00AM we had all packed up our cars (to the brims) and set out for home.
We already look forward to the next family trip!












Friday was our ward sand harbor day. I opted not to go as I knew it would be crowded. Dang! I knew I should've gone! Sounds like a really fun gathering. :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! I can't believe how much Megan looks like Becky in that one picture...I seriously did a double take!
ReplyDelete