Wednesday, March 24, 2010
As Life Moves On
It has been a while and I don't particularly want to relive it all again so I will let you all know what is going on as of a few days ago and begin to look forward.
So, this past October/November I applied for this Teaching Credential Program at SJSU and crossed my fingers. After waiting until the middle of February, I finally heard back letting me know that I had a final interview in one week. Talk about time to prepare... So I threw together my portfolio and was ready when I sat in front of a board of school district representatives who were looking at the possibility of including me in their school district circle. A few, long weeks later, I found received an email informing me that I was accepted into the program but not telling me what school district or specific school I would be placed in. That would come in a letter in the mail a few days later. A week when by and the date for them to hear my acceptance drew closer, until I finally got a letter on Saturday. I will be interning in the Campbell Union Elementary School District! My first choice:) I am so grateful to be accepted and to be in a great school district! Yah!!! Now, I am just hoping beyond hope that my next and final dream will be realized and that is that I will be placed in Marshall Lane Elementary School. That would be absolutely perfect and ideal, since I live literally down the street from the school. And since it is the school that I have been volunteering in for the past couple months AND it is the school that I would LOVE to work at. This is the newest bit of news in our lives and an exciting one. This means that I will be beginning the program classes in June and be a fully certified California teacher by May 2011!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Danielle, this is so exciting! I am so proud of you and know that you deserve this opportunity. Let me know more details when you get them. Do you stay with the same class all year? You're almost done :)
ReplyDeleteYay Danielle! That is so awesome! I hope you get Marshall Lane too. Great minds have been raised in that school! hehe.
ReplyDelete