Friday, March 26, 2010

"These Muffins are AWESOME!"

My boss said the above words after trying one of the Banana Chocolate Chip muffins that I brought to work to share with my co-workers. And after this, another co-worker couldn't stop interrupting me to tell me that the muffins were SO good:) So since they passed the co-worker test, I guess I could try them out on you! Eat and enjoy!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg
Cream the above ingredients then add:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix. Put in muffin tin with either muffin papers or well greased. Sprinkle a little sugar on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes about 12-18 muffins.
Notes:
- I also made these with the Preschoolers in my SJSU class and placed the peeled bananas in large ziplock bags and then let them mash the bananas by hand. They loved it and stayed pretty clean too.
- Fill the muffin cups about half way with batter. they do rise quite a bit while baking.
- I usually use 2 muffin tins; one 12 muffin tin and one 6 muffin tin. If you do not fill up all of the cups, put a little bit of water in the empty cups when you put them in the oven. My mom has always done this to prevent the pan from being ruined or something like that. I guess I am too scared to not try it to tell you what might happen if you don't...
- Who says you have to use a measuring cup when adding mini chocolate chips? I never do :)
- Make sure to check the muffins regularly when they are baking. They tend to be not done one minute and then too done the next....
- Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! They sound delish! I was actually looking for a good banana choc chip recipe the other day, so I am definitely going to try this one out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They passed the Sam test. Made them today! SOOO GOOD! Thank you again for posting this!

    ReplyDelete