So the trip came and went (almost 2 months ago) and I am finally finishing what I started. Here are the final days in Portugal. We had so much fun traveling all over Northern Portugal that it was fun to see what the city of Porto had to offer us. Matt, Callie and I went on a walk to this old park which used to be the gardens of a large estate. It was fun to play in the shrub maze and fountains with Callie for a while.
.
Then we all went on a little trip to have McDonalds for dinner to celebrate Callie's 5th birthday and to see more of the main square in old Porto. Here we are at the subway stop by mom and dad's house.
.
We did a little bit of walking and saw some older buildings in the town center. Tessa just liked to have a good ride on Matt's shoulders more than looking at the old buildings, churches and architecture. And Matt was more than happy to play with her outside while the others were taking it all in.
.

Mom and Kelly with a view of the city below. We started our walk at the top of the hill instead of climbing up it like Matt and I did earlier in the week. Such a beautiful view with all of the red tile rooftops!
.

We took this photo on our way down the stairs from the top of the city. Another great view and a great group of girls!
.

In the old Porto town center, this man playing the saxophone and he began playing a fun song for Callie and Tess. Callie danced a little but Tess just watched, mesmerized by the sound of it. It was so cute! And he got a kick out of her too.
.

And thus ended our european adventure! Hopefully I keep up better next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment