Sunday, July 8, 2012

New Job

Just some exciting news… I got a new job! Tomorrow is my Teacher Orientation at the Cupertino Union School District!
After getting pink-slipped in the Campbell School District, I set out applying for jobs on all of the major teaching hiring sites (public and private). After a few weeks of seeking out positions and making calls, we left for our Anniversary Trip to Costa Rica (pictures to come) and I put the job search on hold. I got a call from the Cupertino District asking for an interview, two days into the trip and since I was out of town for another week, I asked if we could hold a Skype interview. Gratefully, they had the technology to make that a possibility and 2 days later, I had an interview with the HR Director. 

I was in for a shock because at the end of the interview, he asked if I would accept a teaching position in Cupertino! I will be teaching 4th grade at Collins Elementary School with a great team of teachers (I met the two other teachers I will be working with at an interview with the principal at Collins) and I can't wait for a new experience at one of the best school districts in California!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Danielle! That is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's awesome...and can't wait to see pix from your trip. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete