Tuesday, January 4, 2011

San Francisco- Cable Car Ride

December brought family but also the annual Walton family cable car ride in San Francisco! I must admit that I had never participated in this tradition before, even though I have been a Walton for over 3 years now, so I was just as excited as our nieces and nephews to get there and get riding!
.
Fist stop though, was Ghirardelli Square where we broke every diet rule we may have had before and dug in to rich chocolate shakes and triple scoop ice cream sundaes.... It makes my mouth water just thinking about these yummy treats!
.
Tessa truly enjoyed this tradition and almost drank the entire chocolate shake, had Kelly not stollen a few sips now and then.
.
Becky, Ryan and their family waiting for their yummy shakes to arrive! These kids don't look the least bit excited... :)
.
Kevin Harrington was nice enough to use his super nice SLR and capture a picture of Matt and me while we waited to board the cable car.
.
Is this girl excited or what?! She was looking out the window and singing along with all of the Christmas Carols that we were singing to the full streets of SF. At least on the way there. The ride home was a different story...
.
Me and my Grandma Karren and Peterson! I had no idea that they would both be there but I was glad to see them!
.
The tired group after a long night of ice cream, caroling and the SF lights. And even though we were tired, we had a great time. Hopefully we repeat this tradition again some time:)

1 comment: